23 July 2012

Off to the PNW

Today I leave for Seattle and the great Pacific Northwest. In a few days I'll be taking on the challenge of climbing Mount Rainier with 8 other climbers from across the country as prt of Big City Mountaineers and their Summit for Someone program. Over the next 8 days, I'll try to post and update as much as I can as I explore not only the geography of the area surrounding the mountain, but also the makeup of the different people who will be a part of this climb and why they are volunteering.

Tonight I'll be carried westward via the good folks at Delta and will spend the evening just outside of Olympia on the couch at the home of one of the members of our climbing party (thanks again, Eric). Then tomorrow I'll make the drive into Ashford and set up my home away from home on a bunk at Whittaker's Bunkhouse. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment